Thursday, June 16, 2011

Making Disciples: "From dope to hope"

Jesus gave us a mandate in Matthew 28. I will paraphrase for the sake of space and time. He said, I have been given all power in heaven and earth. But now that I'm going back to heaven, I'm conferring this power to my Church. This power however, is not just for the thrill and chill that we Christian's have learned to feel. This power is primarily for making disciples. A disciple is one that is a follower of Jesus. Not just a Church member, or a tither payer or one that sits in the amen corner. As a pastor I appreciate all of them. The tither, the amen corner and the faithful church attender. But my heart has become increasingly heavy about disciple making.
Therefore, we must be about our Father's business.
Our Church, Flowing Waters World Outreach Center is one awesome place. I love our Church. But we must go beyond the walls of our building.
My wife and I are venturing out through a God-given vision to create what we are calling "The Journey House" A discipleship living center. We have a goal to have many houses dedicated to making disciples out of men and women. Of course, each house will either be all men or all women. We currently have one that is being prepared to open. It will accommodate 8 max, but we are looking for six initially.
These homes will reach out to the people that have struggled with alcohol and drug addiction.
God has blessed us with many resources and tools that I believe will bring recovery to the ones that truly desire a life of freedom. (John 8:32) You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
If you would like more info concerning this ministry please give me a call or shoot an email. We have written material already in place and ready to begin this work for the Glory of God.
My Number: (919) 412-7890 Email: fwwocpastor@cfaith.com. If nothing else please pray for me and my wife as we move into this phase of ministry. I thank God for a strong Church such as Flowing Waters that stand with me, their pastor to obey the call of God to make disciples.